Which, at least, I know – thanks to awesome websites that track plane statuses. I’m surprised, you know – even in New York, you can snag some free Wi-Fi from unsuspecting patrons of charity but I guess on Paradise Island they have a better grip on what little they can get their hands on. Fair enough, I suppose.
Today, I have:
- Watched more than half of the first season of Mad Men on Netflix.
- Did the mountain of dishes in the sink into the washing machine.
- Attacked a brownie pan we’ve been nonchalantly ignoring.
- Cleaned the stove top.
- Cleaned the toilet. (Not together!)
- Took out every bag of trash in the house – except for the main one, because I took it out two days ago and it’s not even halfway full.
- Dragged the trash can up to the curb.
- Put away some school- and winter-related things in my room (yeah, I’m disorganized and a little behind).
- Texted “friends” sadly and, you know, got nothing.am.
- Walked around the house about sixteen times back and forth and around, moping.
Anxiety is a gross, disgusting thing. But I’ve done all that and he’s only left this morning. He doesn’t come back until Sunday; what exactly am I supposed to do with myself? I don’t have a lot of motivation, really – the only reason I did any housework was to keep myself busy and to calm the stomach. Honestly, the mental turmoil and the physical, literal sickness are both pretty bad if I let them steam.
God, at the rate I’m going, I’m almost missing school already. What am I supposed to do with all this time!
How is everyone else’s summer going?